Don't Stop the ACLU

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Signing off (with parting shots)

We started this blog about five months ago when STACLU's resident Faulknerian idiot man-child, Gribbit, told us to. I stumbled upon him spewing various lies and utter nonsense, which we've since learned he does quite often, and when I called him on it, he threatened to break my jaw. He would later invite me to visit him in Cleveland for an actual fistfight, but out of shear cowardice (or was it rational thought?), I turned him down. Yes, my relationship with the one they call Gribbit has been a tenuous one.

Thankfully, the rest of the STACLU crew has been more civil, though most are on par with Gribbit when it comes to obtuseness, rhetorical ability, spelling, and grammar. It's been fun arguing with them, both here and on their site, but those days are coming to an end. You see, I've found better things to do than dismantle the arguments of some far-right knuckleheads. They're a hopeless lot anyway, so set in their ways and patterns of thought that no amount of rhetoric can ever pry them from their entrenchments just to the left of Mussolini's corpse. They deal only in outrage. When someone - usually the ACLU - does something they don't like, they're online within minutes bitching about it. They offer few original ideas, other than that the ACLU, its members, anyone to STACLU's left on the political spectrum, anyone with melanin, and anyone who doesn't bow down before Jesus just ain't right in the head.

They can carry on their rage-fest unmolested for all I care. The great thing about people whose only reaction is outrage is that they never accomplish anything, other than voting the wrong people into office who, in turn, never accomplish anything. They're too busy being offended to make any actual change. In the five or so months I've been visiting their site, I've never once seen Stop the ACLU do any ACLU-stopping. It's just bitch, bitch, bitch.

As for me, I have another blog to keep me entertained; however, you can't have the link. I have to retain my anonymity after all. As for you, keep on taking on the silly arguments of the STACLU guys if that's your thang. I won't stop you. But don't forget to get out into the world, to experience things and change what you don't like rather than just complaining about it.

That's enough out of me. I've got things to do. So, to the ten or so of you who read this blog regularly, take care of yourselves, and keep fighting the good fight. Oh, and if you see Gribbit, give him a hug and a kiss for me... with lots of tongue.

Yours,

Maj. Mortimer Thessalonians Rational XXXIV
posted by Maj. M.T. Rational XXXIV at 7:16 PM

8 Comments:

Anonymous kemibe said...

We at the Chimpanzee Refuge have enjoyed your and Maven's thoughtful, diplomatic, and yes, eminently rational musings. Take care.

August 21, 2006 1:12 AM  
Blogger meatbrain said...

Very sorry to see you go, Major. Please feel free to stop in at my blog any time you like.

August 21, 2006 5:54 PM  
Blogger Bill from Dover said...

Major sir,
I has been a pleasure searving in your command, sir.

August 22, 2006 11:45 AM  
Anonymous E said...

*low whistle* The first I see of you, and it's a month after you've left! Oh well...

I read the series of comments about abstinence-only sex ed on that site - and it was pretty disturbing! Gribbit reacted... badly. He had almost nothing to react to, and yet he did anyway.

Does he not realise that obscene threats to someone merely asking for his sources isn't the best way to win friends and influence people?

Though I guess a fellow who hasn't accepted reality enough to know that teens will be "naughty" no matter what probably hasn't worked out the finer points of getting along with people, either...

Good luck to you!

-E

September 28, 2006 4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sincerely hope you were not actually a Major in my military.

I fought for all the rights of my country and obvisouly you didn't.

The ACLU is AGAINST America and if enough bloggers, especially the Stop The ACLU website join in, the ACLU will become extinct in my lifetime.

October 24, 2006 5:26 PM  
Blogger ggbbgg124 said...

免費日本成人圖片 -
天馬流行音樂網 -
哈啦免費視訊網 -
洪爺自拍貼圖網 -
UOUO成人影音聊天室 -
成人交友聊天室 -
辛辣聊天室(限制級聊天室) -
小高聊天室 -
免費影音聊天 -
免費影音聊天室 -
成人影音下載 -
淫娃免費視訊聊天室 -
免費影音播放軟體下載 -
日本美女成人AV免費 -
OL絲襪美腿圖庫 -
下載免費防毒軟體 -
免費中文防毒軟體 -
免費線上掃毒 -
中壢電音急診室 -
080-6K聊天室 -
視訊相親館 -
東部網友聊天坊 -
同志交友俱樂部 -
愛情廣場聊天聯盟總站 -
拉子女同志聊天室 -
酷兒男同志聊天室 -
柔情聊天網 -
柔情聊天室 -
有間遊戲網 -
天馬音樂網 -
真情夢工廠聊天室 -
戀愛天堂聊天室 -
080北部人聊天聯盟 -
Kiss聊天聯盟 -
摯愛中年同志聊天室 -
080台中聊天室UT -
豆豆6K聊天室 -
6K小高聊天室 -
6K南台灣聊天室 -
天馬080聊天室6K -

December 31, 2009 4:20 AM  
Blogger Slothy said...

You know whenever people give me general threats like 'I would beat you up for calling me a liar' I tell them one thing that usually shuts them up then and there.

"You know what's great about this country? If I called you a liar and you started beating me up for it, I have a legal right to shoot you."

July 08, 2010 4:30 PM  
Blogger 林俊娟 said...

IS VERY GOOD..............................

October 07, 2010 5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home